LATE BREAKING NEWS & UPDATES
2013 Colfax Railroad Days 9am to 4pm, Oct 5th and 6th
A number of special events occur throughout the year in Colfax. Railroad Days is an annual two day event which draws thousands looking for a full day of family entertainment. There is no general admission charge for exhibits and Union Pacific train equipment displays. Some private attractions charge a small admission fee.
Planning for 2013 Colfax Railroad Days is progressing. Railroad themed attractions will highlight the event as in past years. These include a display of railroad train equipment from Union Pacific Railroad and the California State Railroad Museum; live steam train rides by the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers group; various model railroad layouts of different scales and sizes to intrigue the model enthusiasts; historical displays sponsored by railroad historical societies in the region; plus other assorted arts displays with railroad themes.
This event offers great family fun and attracts visitors from all over the Sacramento Valley region.
A downloadable poster is available here: 2013 Railroad Days Poster
We encourage participation in this event by modular railroad clubs, railroad memorabilia and hobby merchants, railroad artists/photographers, and railroad preservation or historical societies, etc. Please contact us at gro.s1394587430hrsp@1394587430syadr1394587430r1394587430 to express your interest and get more information.
If you are interested in helping with Railroad Days and would like to volunteer, please contact the Placer Sierra Railroad Heritage Society gro.s1394587430hrsp@1394587430syadr1394587430r1394587430
The Colfax Railroad Days is on the first full weekend of October each year. The dates for the 2013 Colfax Railroad Days are Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- From Grass Valley: From the Grass Valley/Nevada City area, take Highway 174 south to Main Street (just before the railroad bridge). Turn right on Main Street and continue to the center of historic Colfax.
- From the East: From Reno/Truckee, take Interstate 80, to the Colfax-174 exit. At the off-ramp bear to the right onto So. Auburn Street. Continue on So. Auburn Street which becomes Grass Valley St. through the center of town.
- From the West: From the Sacramento and Bay Areas take Interstate 80 east to the Hwy 174 / Colfax exit. Continue to the right up and over the freeway overpass to the stop sign. Turn right at So. Auburn St and continue until it becomes Grass Valley Street into the center of town.
- From the South: Take Hwy 49 north to Auburn. Then take Interstate 80 east to Colfax (see instructions from the West)
Parking is available two parking lots as well as on surface streets throughout the the City of Colfax.
- Check back prior to the event for specific directions to parking
Presently there are no road closures anticipated.
Return to top of page